American geography is one of the best in the world. The U.S. has more navigable internal waterways than the rest of the world combined. The Midwest contains the world’s largest contiguous -arable farmland. The Atlantic and Pacific oceans insulate the United States from other countries. Deserts separate the United States from Mexico, and forests and lakes form a natural barrier with Canada.Test your American geographic knowledge!
1. The only royal palace located in the United States is located in:
A. Boston, MA.
B. Honolulu, HI.
C. New York, NY.
2. At 86 meters below sea level, the lowest place in the U.S. is:
A. Death Valley, CA.
B. New Orleans, LA.
C. Key West, FL.
3. The tallest mountain in the world is in the U.S. It is:
A. Mount Whitney.
B. Mauna Kea.
C. Mount McKinley.
4.The longest river in the U.S. is the:
C. Rio Grande.
5. A mountain range on the Moon was named for the mountain range that runs through Tenn. and North Carolina:
A. Rocky Mountains.
B. Blue Ridge Mountains.
C. Smoky Mountains.
1. B. Honolulu, Hawaii. The only royal palace used by a monarch in the U.S. is located in Honolulu, Hawaii. It is the Iolani Palace and belonged to the monarchs King Kalakaua and Queen Lili’uokalani until the monarchy was overthrown in 1893. The building served as the capitol building until Hawaii became a state in 1959. Today this palace is a museum.
2. A. Death Valley, CA. The lowest point on land in the Western Hemisphere is Death Valley in California.
3. B. Mauna Kea. This mountain is located in Hawaii, is only 13,796 feet (4,205 m) in altitude above sea level, however, when measured from the sea floor it is over 32,000 feet (10,000 meters) high, making it taller than Mount Everest (Earth’s tallest mountain above sea level at 29,028 feet or 8,848 meters).
4. B. Missouri river. The Missouri River is the longest river in North America. Rising in the Rocky Mountains of western Montana, the Missouri river flows east and south for 2,341 miles (3,767 km) before entering the Mississippi River north of St. Louis, Missouri.
5. C. The SmokyMountains are a small range of mountains on the moon near the Apollo 16 landing site.
(Answers from Wikipedia).