- In the Dutch Golden Age of the 17th century, what financial instrument that fueled the Tulip mania in Holland is still a well-used financial instrument today?
- Who is a very famous individual who was devastated by the panic of 1819?
Answer: Thomas Jefferson
- The South Sea Company in the 1700s was meant to duplicate in South America the great success of what company?
Answer: The Dutch East India Company
- What famous investor bought stocks right after the 1929 crash only to watch the stock market drop an additional 55% over the next three years?
- What financial instrument that was pushed by Wall Street significantly exacerbated the 1987 crash?
Answer: Portfolio Insurance
- In 1995 what company started the dot-com boom? It had no revenues and not a penny of profit and was actually giving most of its products away, yet it went public at $28 a share and rocketed to $71 by the end of the first day.
- In the late 1700s what individual stole British textile technology to establish cotton mills in the US?
Answer: Samuel Slater, nicknamed Slater the Traitor
- In 1929, just prior to the crash, what famous Yale professor said “Stock prices have reached what looks like a permanently high plateau”?
Answer: Professor Irving Fisher
- What famous emperor used his own funds to stop the panic of 33 CE?
Answer: Emperor Tiberius who had succeeded Augustus in 14 CE